School-wide Learning Expectations / SLE's
NDA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
An NDA graduate is a well-rounded,
active Catholic leader who independently is a(n):
MORALLY RESPONSIBLE CATHOLIC
- Who appreciates life and creation by making choices that are respectful of self, others and the earth.
- Who understands his/her faith and imitates Gospel values.
- Who actively participates in the Liturgy.
- Who lives the Catholic Social Teachings through service.
- Who uses resources and technology in a respectful and appropriate way.
- Who takes initiative in advocating for self and others.
ACADEMICALLY PREPARED INDIVIDUAL
- Who demonstrates solid foundation of grade level content and standards.
- Who integrates problem solving strategies in daily life.
- Who develops analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Who practices good organizational skills and work habits.
- Who can support his or her thinking, reasoning, and decisions with evidence and details.
- Who speaks and writes clearly.
- Who actively listens.
- Who participates successfully in our technological society.
- Who exhibits confidence and poise in word and actions.
- Who works collaboratively with others.
- Who applies learning to his/her life situations.
- Who has knowledge of current events and world affairs.
- Who exhibits curiosity and an enthusiasm for learning.
- Who uses study skills and a variety of resources.
- Who sets, monitors, and persists in meeting goals.
- Who demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Who eagerly approaches challenges; asking and clarifying questions.