Unconventional First Day of School: Wednesday, August 23rd
The goal of this day is to meet the teachers, get all of the school supplies, forms and homework turned in, get desks and lockers set up, and to get acclimated. The goal is also to limit the amount of people trying to park and get out of their cars on the first day of school to walk their children in. Hopefully this day will help families drop off on the second day without needing to park and walk students to their lines, especially those students that are not new to the school and can do this independently at this point. Please consider taking care of all business on August 23rd so that new families and TK and Kinder families have room to park on campus if they need to on Thursday and Friday. Thank you in advance for your support in this effort.
• Students do not come in uniform on Wednesday.
• Park on the playground only, if possible. If not possible, please be very careful to park in
the areas that are not restricted. Never park in the cul-de-sac or on Selby.
• Teachers will be in their classrooms from 7:30am – 3:00pm. They will be having lunch
from 12:00-12:45pm, so please do not come at that time.
• Bring all school supplies to be checked in. Last year several families ordered supplies
together online. While this is a great strategy, please have them sorted by child prior to
walking into the classroom.
• Bring all completed forms to the office to be checked in.
• Bring all completed summer homework.
• Teachers will be there to check in homework, supplies, etc. They will not be holding
parent conferences on this day. If you have something you would like to meet with the
teacher about, this is a good day to let the teacher know and to set up a conference on
• Because of parking, there will be a limited time to stay on campus. Please take care of all business so that you can move your cars and make room for other families that will need to park. Some parents will be taking time off from work and we want to make this work for them as well so they can get back to work on time. Many families are planning play dates at the park. This is a good idea to catch up off campus.
• There is no playing on campus on this day. Students are to be with their parents at all
Stop by our booths!
o Administration Booth—Come by to say hi and tell us about your summer
o Extra-Curricular Booths—We will have booths for sports and music programs
set-up. Please stop by these booths to get information on some of the extra
curricular programs your child can join this year and to sign-up. They will have
contracts, calendars, costs and information along with the teachers/coaches so that
you can ask questions and get all the information you need to make decisions for